26.3.10

two sides of a coin

After conveying my decisions, I had several epiphanies. I am not sure however whether these epiphanies are concrete or mere floating ideas again.

I took my final examinations in Mr. Mendiola's class last week. It was a whirlwind of an exam. So I soothed my nerve by shopping for a pair of shoes(gotta relieve the stress and i badly needed new sneakers). I dropped by BookSale (couldn't help not to).

I saw this book for "artists and artist wannabe-s" not really a How-to book. It is just a compilation of random thoughts from random artists. I got attracted by the following:

"Freedom is nothing else but a chance to be better."-albert camus

-> basically, Camus echoed my thought and my situation. After my decision I felt free (nah..blame it to Joyce's A Portrait of an Artist as a Young Man why I'm determined to search for my freedom).

But there are always two sides of the coin (just like what my former professor always told us back in the undergraduate years)

"You are free and that's why you are lost."- Franz kafka

And i couldn't help asking myself If i really know where i'm going to ( background song: do you know where youo are going to, do you like the things that life is showing you...eew)

....just random thoughts...please don't focus on my inability to organize my thoughts and capitalize what is needed to be capitalized....

No comments: