23.1.12

Chinese(Lunar) New Year with Tokpokki and Ramyun

I can only get to celebrate year of the Dragon every 12 years, year of the Earth Dragon every 60 years. Nothing compels me to celebrate both since I was born in Filipino Christian family but I have decided to celebrate 2012 Chinese New Year anyway.




My mom, tasting my dish




tokpokki
I prepared Tokpokki (that's korean sweet-spicy rice cakes for you), and Ramyun. My Mom dipped slices of Tikoy in beaten eggs and fried them.

My original plan included my boyfriend and friends celebrating it with me but due to an unavoidable circumstance, the party was cancelled. I was left to celebrate it with my mom. I guess it wasn't so bad. Pure Filipinos aren't compelled to celebrate Chinese New Year anyway. I only did it because I was used to preparing for it since I worked for a Chinese School and a Korean company.

Aside from that, I am looking forward for what is in store for me this year. I was born in the year of the Dragon and although I am not Chinese and I don't like being governed by what they say about my Zodiac, I think it won't hurt if I will start my year right in a different culture. What say you?

No comments: