14.3.12

siesta

120312

It's the last week of the semester and it is natural for students to feel the excitement for summer vacation and anxiety for their last requirements. Teachers, particularly those who are through with their lectures and two-thirds of the grades, on the otherhand are more relaxed.

That is the reason I kept telling myself as I am guilty of sleeping in the faculty room for hours.

I do not know what got me but I was really sleepy. I could hardly open my eyes to talk with my coteachers. I did not pay attention to what was happening around me. All I wanted was to sleep and sleep I did.

I had a tete-a-tete with Mr. Slumber for two hours. I woke just in time to prepare for my next class. I knew I slept in the middle of recording quizzes. I had nothing to worry about because my other classes were working their butts off in rehearsing for the final presentations. When I woke up, I only had to prepare coffee for myself and wait for my next class.

I don't think the power nap did anything good to me. Instead of refreshing me, it made me all the more sleepy. It made me miss the house, the comfortable bed, the pillows, the blanket...

Zzzzzzzzzzz zzzzzzzzzzz  

No comments: